Rustic Square Window Well
The Rustic Square Window Well shown here with and without rust. If you can’t wait for Mother Nature to do the work, you can very easily add a nice patina to the window wells yourself with this great wikiHow tutorial.
The Rustic Square Window Well is a more cost-effective, dressed-down version of our exclusive Modern Square Window Well.
Also made in Stratford, Ontario, these window wells are constructed of 18-gauge mild steel, which can be patinated (either by hand or by Mother Nature) to compliment the rustic exterior of your home, office, or cottage. Alternatively, they can be clear-coated, powder-coated, or painted to match your exterior decor.
Like its stainless steel counterpart, this window well allows more natural light into dark basements and lower levels while increasing safety with our step-up, step-out system.
Powder Coating Upgrade
EHS works with a local professional that completes powder coating at an extra charge. For this upgrade, the modern square window wells are blasted, powder coat primed and powder coat painted in a matte black finish. The lead time for this service is on average one week.
The powder coating company wraps each piece individually, the EHS team does our best to protect them during shipping, but there is absolutely no guarantee that they arrive scratch free.
Unsure of the size that’s right for your windows? Here’s how to Measure:
We need 3 dimensions to figure out well size.
- Width – we add 3-4″ to either side of the window opening.
- Projection – the distance out from the house you’d like. Keep in mind if these are egress windows. Each municipality has their own requirements. Be sure to verify your building codes for your area.
- Height – we go 2″ above grade, and 4″ below the window itself. Each section is 12” high for the square wells. You can stack as many sections as you need.
The process used to manufacture our Rustic Square Window Wells results in material irregularities such as minor abrasion marks and colour variation. This is normal and in no way affects the function or quality of the window well. Rust could be visible when you purchase the Rustic Wells. If you feel your window wells are damaged upon receipt, please review our damage policy and contact us with details.
Front Width: 36″, 42″, 49″, 56″, 66″
Side Projection (depth): 12″, 18″, 24″, 30″, 36″, 42″
Side Height: 12″
*Only recommended to be stacked three (3) sections high.
Design allows for flat packing, making shipping to your door anywhere in Canada a breeze!
R2 screwdriver, 7/16″ wrench, drill & 1/4″ drill bit
- Loosely assemble all components of your window system and then tighten after assembly is completed
- Fasten window well to concrete wall (lag bolts not included)
- Install drainage stone in the bottom of window well, stepped up areas, and backside